Sidney Police Department
234 W. Court St, Sidney OH 45365
Emergencies dial 911
Non emergencies (937) 498-2351
The Patrol Section is made up of six Sergeants and 22 Officers. There are three shifts (0700-1500, 1500-2300, and 2300 to 0700) and two split shifts (1100-1900 and 1900 to 0300). The patrol section will respond to over 21,000 calls for service a year.
The major responsibilities of the
Patrol Officer include:
- Patrolling the City and enforcing violations of criminal and traffic laws.
- Serving as the first investigator of criminal misconduct and making all necessary reports and referrals to the appropriate agencies and courts.
- Assisting the public with regard to civil matters and non-emergency functions such as funeral and special events.
- Addressing civic groups, school children, or business groups about police duties and safety concerns.
- Providing first aid and assisting emergency paramedics, if necessary.
- Photographing crime scenes and accident scenes, recovering latent fingerprints, collecting evidence, and measuring and diagramming accidents.
- Conducting witness interviews, interrogating suspects, typing criminal charges, processing arrestees, and testifying in court.