Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, there will be no solid waste collection on Thursday, November 26, 2020. Solid waste collection will be delayed one day for the remainder of the week.
Solid waste collection service is provided by Republic Services and includes pickup of household garbage, vegetation, recycling, and bulk items. When placing these items out for collection, please separate waste according to the Garbage Guidelines and Recycling Guide to ensure efficient collection. Here are a few basic reminders:
- Household garbage must be in provided carts unless the residence is on the low-volume bag collection service.
- Cardboard boxes must be broken down and cut (not folded) to fit in the recycling cart.
- Garbage and recycling need to be out by 7:00 a.m. on the day of collection.
- Big items are limited to one approved big item per week.
- All mattresses and fabric furniture such as couches and chairs must be wrapped in plastic or put in mattress bags available at local hardware stores or they will not be collected. This is due to the potential of bed bugs in the items.
- Recycling is collected every other week.