Joe Braden, Western Regional Liaison with the Ohio Auditor of State’s office, presented Sidney Finance Officer Renee DuLaney with the Ohio Auditor of State Award with Distinction for the audit of year ended December 31, 2020, during the City Council meeting on Monday, November 8.
Entities that receive the award meet the following criteria of a “clean” audit report:
- The entity must file timely financial reports with the Auditor of State’s office in the form of a Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR);
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, Single Audit findings or questioned costs;
- The entity’s management letter contains no comments related to:
- Ethics referrals
- Questioned costs less than $10,000
- Lack of timely report submission
- Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit
- Findings for recovery less than $100
- Public meetings or public records
The City has received such an Ohio Auditor of State award since 2004.