City crews will begin the annual fall leaf collection service on October 28, 2019. City crews will have one truck in each zone of the city. Crews will be collecting leaves on a daily basis making several rounds through each area. All work is subject to change due to weather and equipment availability.
Please note – Please do not rake leaves to the curb lawn until October 28. Until leaf collection begins, all leaves must be placed in a biodegradable bag and placed at the curb for collection with other yard waste as a part of the weekly collection service.
Residents are reminded of the following leaf collection guidelines:
- Place all loose leaves on the tree lawn, not the pavement or sidewalk and not in the vicinity of catch basins.
- Ensure all leaf piles are free of garbage and other yard waste items such as brush, branches and large twigs are placed in a separate pile conforming to yard waste guidelines.
- Commingled piles of leaves and grass clippings or piles of grass clippings will not be collected.
- Ensure that no loose stone, asphalt or concrete is in leaf pile.
- Contaminated piles of leaves will not be collected.
- DO NOT park in on top of leaf piles. If you do, they will not be collected.
You may check the status of the crew in your area on the city website at www.sidneyoh.com each Friday once leaf collection begins.