At 8:45 a.m. on Christmas Day December 25, 2022, Sidney firefighters were dispatched to Cargill, 2400 Industrial Drive for a reported dryer fire.
When Sidney firefighters arrived, they found a bean extractor dryer on fire with some extension into the motor and the conveyor system.
Crews quickly located the fire in the machine and completed extinguishment and overhaul in the frigid conditions. Crews were on scene for approximately three hours.
All off-duty personnel were recalled to assist at the scene and to staff Fire Station 1 while the incident was ongoing. Lockington Fire responded to the scene and Anna Fire along with a medic unit from Piqua Fire handled other calls for service within the city during the incident.
No injuries were noted to firefighters or employees of Cargill.
The cause of the fire is unintentional and mechanical in nature.